ICDL exam - ICT EXAMS
ICDLأمتحانات - ICT أمتحانات
أمتحانات ICT مع الحل (الأمتحان الأول)
1) Which one of the following terms describes the physical components of a computer system?
2) Which one of the following is a portable digital device?
b. Desktop computer.
c. Personal digital assistant.
d. Computer screen.
3) Which one of the following can slow down the computers performance?
a. Running several software applications at the same time.
b. Using a small computer monitor.
c. Increasing the amount of RAM available in the computer.
d. Printing documents at a low resolution.
4) Which one of the following is most likely to be used to input a photograph into a computer?
5) Which one of the following statements about RAM is true?
a. RAM retains data when the computer shuts down.
b. RAM is read and write memory.
c. RAM is write-only memory.
d. RAM cannot be increased in any computer.
6) Which one of the following properties of a central processing unit (CPU) is measured in gigahertz (GHz)?
7) Which one of the following statements is true?
a. A gigabyte is less than a megabyte.
b. A kilobyte is greater than a megabyte.
c. A byte is less than a bit.
d. A terabyte is greater than a gigabyte.
8) Which one of the following is used as a computer input device?
9) Which one of the following can output the results of work done on a computer?
10) Which one of the following describes operating system software?
a. Software to control the allocation and usage of hardware resources.
b. Software to carry out spreadsheet calculations.
c. Software to operate virus-scanning procedures.
d. Software to manipulate databases.
11) Which one of the following devices typically has the largest storage capacity?
a. USB flashes drive.
b. Internal hard disk.
12) Which one of the following tasks is best suited to a spread sheet?
a. Composing a standard letter for a mail shot.
b. Reserving an airline ticket.
c. Presenting sales data to a large audience.
d. Calculating a budget and cash flow for a new project.
13) Which one of the following is a software application that allows a computer to respond to voice commands?
a. A screen reader.
b. A screen magnifier.
c. A speech recognition utility.
d. An on-screen keyboard.
14) Which one of the following describes the speed at which data can be moved from one computer to another?
a. Line width.
b. Cache level.
c. Transfer rate.
d. Transform time.
15) Which one of the following is the delivery of training or education programs by electronic means?
16) Which one of the following is not application software?
a. Word processing software.
b. Database software.
c. Presentation software.
d. Windows 7 software.
17) Which one of the following statements about Internet connection services is true?
a. Broadband connections are always-on while your computer is switched on.
b. Dial-up connections are usually faster than broadband connections.
c. You cannot use your telephone line to make calls while using a broadband connection.
d. Dial-up connections are always-on while your computer is switched on.
18) What does the term ‘ICT’ stand for?
a. Information and Communication Technology.
b. Internet and Computer Technology.
c. Internet and Control Technology.
d. Information and Control Technology.
19) The computers in your local office building are connected together so staff in the building can share files and printers. What is this arrangement of computers called?
20) Which one of the following describes RSS (Really Simple Syndication)?
a. An audio or video recording posted on a website that can be downloaded and played later.
b. A Web feed format used to publish frequently updated content such as blog entries, news headlines or podcasts.
c. An online journal where an author posts comments and observations in chronological order.
d. Real-time text-based communication between two or more people over a network such as the Internet.
21) Which one of the following is an online journal where an author posts personal views and observations in a chronological order?
b. RSS feed.
22) Which one of the following best describes an extranet?
a. A worldwide network of servers that store a collection of linked hypertext documents.
b. An extension to a network operating system used to monitor and control the flow of data.
c. An extension of an intranet using Internet technologies to facilitate communication with specified users outside the intranet.
d. An external network filing system for backing up large data files.
23) Which one of the following is unsafe online activity?
a. Giving your home address to someone you met in a chat room.
b. Using a screen name or nick name that cannot identify you.
c. Meeting someone you met online face-to-face in the company of your friends.
d. Keeping your social network profile private.
24) Which one of the following is good working practice when using a computer?
a. Reducing the light level in the area around the computer.
b. Taking frequent breaks away from the computer.
c. Sitting in a comfortable armchair when using the computer.
d. Positioning the keyboard below wrist level on the desk.
25) Which one of the following is the name commonly given to the buying and selling of goods on the Internet?
b. e-data exchange.
26) Which one of the following is good practice when downloading files?
a. Disable virus-scanning software when downloading files.
b. Open all unrecognized e-mail messages.
c. Enable virus scanning software and download files from secure sites only.
d. Download files from Internet bulletin boards.
27) Which one of the following is a type of input/output port?
28) Which one of the following activities could lead to the spread of a computer virus?
a. Using only software that has been checked for viruses.
b. Maintaining regularly updated antivirus software.
c. Opening only virus-checked file attachments from known sources.
d. Using a USB Flash Drive from an unknown source to exchange data.
29) What is the name for licensed software that can be used for a trial period after which the user is requested to pay a fee for continued use?
c. Open Source software.
d. Software bundle.
30) Which one of the following monitors incoming network traffic to prevent unauthorized attacks?
31) Which one of the following is software introduced into a computer without the owner’s knowledge to corrupt the computer’s operating system or destroy data?
a. A virus.
b. A germ.
c. A bug.
d. A macro.
32) Which one of the following statements about software copyright is true?
a. Copyright promotes the illegal use of software.
b. Copyright is the exclusive legal right of software authors to produce copies of their own software.
c. Copyright is designed to protect a disk against computer viruses.
d. Copyright will prevent a CD-ROM from being duplicated.
33) Which one of the following practices will save energy?
a. Apply settings to automatically power down the screen/monitor when not in regular use.
b. Update your screen saver.
c. Change the screen/monitor background design.
d. Leave the computer on continuously to avoid re-booting the system.
34) Which one of the following statements describes a good approach to information security for an organisation?
a. Sensitive data is available to everyone.
b. Computer systems are backed up on a regular basis.
c. There are no procedures for reporting security lapses.
d. Staff passwords are never changed.
35) Which one of the following allows or denies users the privileges to create, view, change or delete data on a computer system?
a. Client rights.
b. Access rights.
c. Sign on rights.
d. Entry rights.
36) The theft of which one of the following would result in the loss of contact details?